Do you have a doubt ‘Held At Post Office, At Customer Request’ when keeping track of your item in USPS? Will you confuse this situation? Here you can get clear explanation, which means this level and other details.
Meaning for Held At Post Office, At Customer Request:
Held At Post Office, At Customer Request is ordered or instructed to hold a package for a some period time.
That is, the customer demanded to have their item, because they choose it rather than being sent home. Some people may work or get a vacation, which is done for security reasons when you get that item.
There are some other reasons also. That listed below
Cause for this Status:
- Floods, earthquakes, tsunamis etc. due to many natural disasters.
- If have bad weather condition.
- USPS sometimes packs the packet and provides you with an additional package.
- The receiver can ask to have a courier or parcel for some holidays or other reasons.
- Finding the correct address if you are away from the warehouse.
- Sometimes the sender can ask for parcel or products.
- If the courier-driven vehicle meets any accident or damage.
Do not think too much about your parcel. USPS is one of the most popular courier services providing millions of services per day. It will provide a safe product. The only thing that takes some delays from the actual date of delivery.
Note: You should give correct Address in the parcel. Don’t forget to give your mobile number in that parcel. A phone number will help to reach out to you during the delivery period. The post office tries to deliver to you 3 times. If you not available in the home in that 3rd Attempt the parcel will be held in the post office for 3 to 5 days. After that, they will return back to the sender.
If you want, you can keep track of by calling customer care number: (800) 522-9085. There are some other status available to know about ‘in transit to next facility’ .