Are you getting trouble with missing Incognito mode in Google Chrome? I too face this issue recently. Don’t worry I will share my knowledge with you to get rid of this issue.
Reasons For Missing Incognito Mode In Google Chrome:
- The chrome may be outdated.
- Your Google chrome may be corrupted sometimes.
- Affected by some malware.
Just follow the methods to get back Incognito Mode.
How to get back Missing Incognito Mode in Google Chrome?
Follow the method one by one and check simultaneously whether you get it or not.
Method 1: Replacing User Data Folder
Note: I’d like to create a new browser profile for Chrome to see if it helps you before proceeding to the issue.
- Exit Google Chrome which you used usually.
- Press shortcut Windows key +E in the keyboard that will open Windows Explorer.
- In that appeared window hit the following path in the address bar.
- If You are Windows XP User: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Other window users Windows Vista/ 7/ 8/ 10: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Place the folder in the destination with the name “Default” in the window that opens and later renames it as “Backup “.
- Try to open Google Chrome now.
- Automatically generates a new “default” folder when you start using the browser.
Method 2: Use Registry Editor
- Restart your Windows and Press Start button.
- Run the command ‘Regedit‘ and Press Enter.
- ‘Registry Editor‘ will get open. Here you can able to find the various folder path via the sidebar.
- Hit on ‘HKEY_Local_Machine‘.
- It will show you some drop down menu select ‘SOFTWARE‘ –> ‘Policies‘ key.
- Then find Google and double-click on it. Next, you wish to ‘Chrome‘. Hit it.
- You will see ‘IncognitoModeAvailability‘ folder inside that.
- Right-click on ‘IncognitoModeAvailability‘.
- choose ‘Modify‘. if you want incognito mode, Then Place the value to ‘0‘.
- Otherwise set value to ‘1‘.
If you do not Find the Folder Google–> Chrome–>IncognitoModeAvailability then Follow the below steps.
- Create a new folder under Policies. Right click on Policies–> New–>Key.
- Name the Folder as ‘Google’. In the same way, create a folder under Google and name it as ‘chrome’.
- Under that, you need to create a file. For that Right click on the Chrome–> New–>DWord( 32 bit value). Name the file as ‘IncognitoModeAvailability‘.
Method 3: Clean Malware by some cleaning tool
The reason may due to some unwanted file or malware affect the chrome. We need to clean up this unwanted file. No need to download any other tool from outside it is available in chrome itself.
- Type “chrome://settings/cleanup“ in a chrome tab.
- Enter it.
- A new setting screen will get open ‘Clean your computer’–> ‘Find and remove harmful software‘.
- Hit Find button.
- When finished, click the ‘Delete‘ button it will remove the malicious file or malicious software if any.
Method 4: Remove Microsoft Account
Sometime this may be the reason for the missing of Incognito Mode.
- Go to Start –> Settings.
- Hit on ‘Accounts > Family & other people‘.
- In the right pane choose ‘Manage family settings online‘ link (or) click on below link.
- Below your Name chooses –>‘Leave Family‘ –>‘Remove‘ button.
Hope this Article is very useful to you. If you have queries we are ready to solve.