Do you get Sign in Error 206 in Google Chrome? Don’t worries follow the steps which we are given in this article to solve the error? When comparing Android and IOS device it mostly gets IOS device. Sometimes android device also gets this error.
Before going to the fix we should understand what the error tells about?
- 1 What is Sign in Error 206?
- 2 Reasons for the Google Chrome Sign in Error 206:
- 3 How to Fix Google Chrome Sign in Error 206?
- 4 Method 1: Clear Cache after Google Chrome gets Updated.
- 5 Method 2: Disable the Account in Multiple Devices.
- 6 Method 3: Update Google Account Details
- 7 Method 4: Sync Chrome Dashboard
- 8 Method 5: Turn Off Two-Step Verification
- 9 Method 6: Remove the Account and Sign up new Account
What is Sign in Error 206?
Sign in Error 206 error occurs when you trying to search out the management domain of the particular website, if you try to login the first time then the login is mandatory to have a valid account. This is to make the login secure from vulnerability.
Reasons for the Google Chrome Sign in Error 206:
- Your chrome may recently update.
- It may be a network or data problem.
- If you sign in two devices with the same Google account that will also give the same Sign Error.
- Sometimes you may change the password recently from any other device that should be updated here.
- Chrome may get corrupted or it may not get updated or downloaded properly.
- Because of shortest verification method (two-step verification in your account).
Note: This error will not occur in Gmail login because it is a management domain.
How to Fix Google Chrome Sign in Error 206?
Follow the below steps to solve this error.
Method 1: Clear Cache after Google Chrome gets Updated.
There is a possibility of the error is occurred due to the cache property. So clear the cache in the device and check it once.
Steps to Clear Cache:
- In your Device, open Chrome.
- In the topmost right corner, you can see click More option (Three Dots).
- Among the list choose Clear browsing data.
- To clear it to choose select All time and delete
- Additional to that select “Cookies and other site data” option and “Cached images and files,” check the two boxes.
- Finally, Clear
Method 2: Disable the Account in Multiple Devices.
The error occurs because the account login in Multiple Devices likes iPhone, Android, iPad etc… Consider you having iPhone and iPad both are login with same credential (Sometimes with credential non-sink). But according to chrome, it seems that 2 devices using the same credentials the security vulnerability occurs in this situation. Because of this situation Sign in error 206 error will get through. To fix this follow the below step.
Steps to Disable Multiple Device Access:
- Go to Chrome on your computer and select settings.
- Disable your account there and close the chrome now.
- Then, reopen it and sign in to chrome once again.
- Finally, check your devices like iPhone and iPad whatever you had.
This will help you to open chrome easily without any error message. If you still facing the same issue follow the below steps.
Method 3: Update Google Account Details
Most of us don’t fill all the information in the Gmail account during the sign-up process. This is one of the security issues that not allow you to sign in 206 errors from the devices. Don’t worry you can fill it now to get rid of this error.
Steps to Write the Information in your account:
- Sign in to the chrome in your browser.
- You can able to see the profile photos in the top right corner of it.
- Click on the Google Account button.
- In that choose ‘Personal info & privacy’à Your personal info’ which is in the form of the link.
- Fill all the Details and submit it.
Method 4: Sync Chrome Dashboard
- Go to the Sign in the page of Chrome.
- Now Reset sync which is available in the Chrome Sync Dashboard
Method 5: Turn Off Two-Step Verification
There is an option called two-step verification which is available in your account. If set this ON there is a chance to get this error.
Steps to Turn Off this Two-Step Verification:
- Sign in to the Google Chrome.
- Click on profile photos in the top right corner.
- Hit it off on the Google Account button.
- Following choose ‘Sign-in & Security’.
- A new Screen will get open on the right-hand side. In that, you can see 2-Step Verification Turn off that section.
Even after this method if you face the same error then finally do the step which given below.
Method 6: Remove the Account and Sign up new Account
This is the Final step that will definitely solve your problem 100%.
Note: You will lose your saved password and other things when you use this method.
Here are the steps to follow.
Steps To remove the Account:
- Hit the Menu in the left side top corner of the chrome. It is available in the form of three Dots.
- Go to SettingsàAccountàUnder the list choose ‘Remove account from this device’.
- Now sign up with a new Account and sign in with that. It will work now.
Hope we provide useful information about the error. If you fix face any other problem then leave the comment here.