- Are you getting the Network error connection timed out error when using PuTTY ? Do you want to solve it? Then follow the steps which given below.
Meaning Of the Error:
No response was received from a network connection server trying to PuTTY to your server. Generally this happens because the server machine is completely isolated from the network, or it is stopped.
Steps for solving the issue:
Please check that your server’s host name or IP address is correct. If it fails, access your server’s administrator.
Unix creates this error when it attempts to send data from the connection, and the connection with the server is completely lost. This is because Minutes before the reply from the UNIX server may be delayed.
In detail we can say that this may happen if you tap things in PuTTY when the network is down, but it will happen if PtTTY decides its own contract to send data : due to continuous key exchange in SSH-2.
Step 3: Fire wall Restrict the IP
Some times the firewall restrict the IP address that cause this error. To solve this issue..
- Go to Firewall–> In search box type ‘Add IP address’.
- Add the IP address which you want to open.
- Now try to connect via putty.
Step 4: Due to Antivirus
Antivirus software which you used for your system may restrict this domain that makes network error.
Diable or uninstall the Antivirus for the trusted domain and check it.
Step 5: Change port:
Work proxy detects port 22 which is standard port for SSH.
- Modify it to 443 which is HTTPS port, and it allowed me to connect to my server. To make this change, you must modify / etc / ssh / sshd_config and change the normal port from 22 to 443. But this is impossible when I see the first time on a server.
Step 6: Correct PuTTY settings.
Your PuTTY settings are invalid sometimes. You have to correct it..
Step 7:DNS get wrong pointer
Your DNS is not resolved correctly to the IP address of your premises
Success.. You did it:)
Note: Sometimes there is no internet connection and / or something suddenly went wrong with TCP / IP software on your computer.
Putty is a free and open source terminal emulator, serial console and network file transfer application. This supports multiple network protocols, including SCP, SSH, Telnet, and source socket patch. It can connect to a serial port. If you follow the instruction correctly then your problem will solve easily.
OTHER ARTICLES TO READ