Are you not able to load, send or receive Cox webmail unexpectedly? We are here to help you.
Cox Communications provides the largest Internet service in 18 countries in Arizona, California, and Virginia. The cable network is available for 20.9 million people from Cox Communications, which is the 3rd largest residential cable provider in the United States in the coverage area.
- 1 Reasons for Cox webmail not loading:
- 2 The solution for Cox webmail not loading:
- 3 Step 1: Turn off the SSL
- 4 Step 2: Re-enter all account information
- 5 Additional Information: (Cox Server Names and its Settings)
- 6 Conclusion:
Reasons for Cox webmail not loading:
There are a lot of reasons are there for unable to load webmail. There are listed below.
- Your Internet connection may be very slow. Check with the internet connection in the first step.
- If the internet connection is good, then check with SMTP settings. You have set up mail client with valid SMTP parameters. Make sure that you give correct provider, URL and SMTP settings.
- If you face issue during sending and receiving webmail, then the problem is with SMTP settings.
- Maybe you not given valid credentials for your login details. That shows you the pop message “The username or password for ‘Cox’ is incorrect.”
- Some problem arises with SMTP server connection. Confirm that.
- Most normally for sending mail port 25 is used.
- Sometimes the antivirus or firewall settings may not allow loading Cox webmail.
The solution for Cox webmail not loading:
Follow the below steps to get fixed with this problem. It is 99% working.
Step 1: Turn off the SSL
- Go to Mail
- Select the Preferences
- In that window go to Account Menu which is in the top left corner of the Menu bar.
- That shows your mail accounts details at the Right side.
- In the top of that details, you have three tabs. Choose the ‘Advance’ tab in that.
- In the new Window, you can able to see Port Number details. In that remove Port 995 and the checkbox.
- Add Port Number 110 and now check the box ‘Use SSL’.
- Close the window by using the Red button which is present at the top left corner.
- Save the details by selecting the Save button.
Now try to load the cox mails. If you face the issue still, then follow the below method.
Step 2: Re-enter all account information
- Go to Mail -> Preferences
- The Account which is already there will be shown to you in the right side.
- In the Right bottom corner, you can able to see (-) Click on it.
- You will get a new window ‘Welcome to Mail’.
- Now Re-enter the details in the Three tabs.
- Account Information
# Check on Use only this server
# Don’t check on Use Authentication.
First check with port number 995. If it does not work then choose port number 110.
Step 3: This method is for solving outgoing email issue.
Cox prevents outgoing email via server but it sent via their network. This will help prevent spam.
- Go to Account setting.
- Now set the correct incoming setting ‘pop.xxxx.cox.net’.
- Do the same for SMTP setting also. ‘smtp.xxxx.cox.net’.
Note: Herein both POP and SMTP ‘xxxx’ denotes the east, west or central part that depends on your area.
Additional Information: (Cox Server Names and its Settings)
|Cox Server Names||Settings|
|imap.cox.net||Incoming IMAP Port: 993 with SSL enabled and check the authentication box|
|pop.cox.net||Incoming POP Port: 995|
|smtp.cox.net||465 with SSL enabled and check the authentication box|
|Outgoing SMTP Port||587 with TLS enabled|
- we know 100% percent that your problem is fixed now. enjoy 🙂
Are you facing issues when loading cox webmail in iPhone?