Do you have lots of doubts in green card renewal process? All your major questions get answered here. The below content box shows all your doubts which get answered.
- 1 When to Renew a Green Card?
- 2 When can I renew my conditional green card?
- 3 How to Apply for Green Card Renewal?
- 4 How to Renew a Green Card from Outside the United States?
- 5 How and where to find out the status of your Application?
- 6 How to Apply back for denied Green Card Applications?
- 7 How long does it take to get a green card renewal?
- 8 How much does it cost to renew my green card?
- 9 Do I have to carry my green card at all places in the United States?
- 10 What are all the problems you will meet when using Expired Green Card?
- 11 What is the penalty for Expired Green Card?
- 12 Conclusion:
When to Renew a Green Card?
The Green card which is permanent residential card will get expire in 10 years from the date of residence. It should be renewed periodically. The Green card expiry date is displayed on the top of green card otherwise it will get expired within next 6 months.
Apart from expiry, there are other reasons also there to renewal green card.
- The card has an expiration date or it is expiring or has expired.
- If the card was lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Else if your card was never received.
- Otherwise, in case your card gets spoiled.
- The information on Green card is incorrect due to the USCIS department error (For example name or other details has changed).
See the sample Green card for your reference to get your expiry date.
When can I renew my conditional green card?
How to Apply for Green Card Renewal?
By using two ways you can renewal the Green Card.
How to Renew a Green Card from Outside the United States?
Think, if your card will get expired with 6 months, but you have a situation to travel the alien country and you will be back within 1 year. In this situation, you have to come back to the United States within one year from the date of departure and have to file it soon.
How and where to find out the status of your Application?
Your application status can get updated in online. You can use the following link to check it.
In this, you have to provide your receipt number in the box and then click on check status button to get your update.
Note: The receipt number takes 72 hours to get reflected in My Status.
How to Apply back for denied Green Card Applications?
Major Reasons for Denied:
- For Committing a Crime
- For Lying on Renewal Application
- Ordered Removed reason
- For Using the Wrong Form
If your renewal application gets rejected or denied, then a letter will have triggered and get delivered to your address. Then you have an option to apply for a motion to reopen or reconsider in the same office which you applied before. This motion application will help you to reconsider your denied application to get approved for it from the department. The following link will help you get more details about it.
If you facing any issues, then better consult a licensed immigration attorney.
How long does it take to get a green card renewal?
How much does it cost to renew my green card?
|Renewal (has expired or will expire within the next six months)||Application Fee: $455
Biometrics fee: $85
Totally: $540 to USCIS Department
Apart from this, it may take some additional fee for preparing Form I-90 if you move it through a lawyer. Lawyer fee caries to every person approximately we can estimate $250-350.
Do I have to carry my green card at all places in the United States?
What are all the problems you will meet when using Expired Green Card?
If you are using an expired green card, then you will face the following issues:
- Getting a job.
- Entering or reentering to the United States.
- Renewing driving license.
- Buying a house.
What is the penalty for Expired Green Card?
It is wrong and not safe to carry an expired green card with you. Better you go through the process and get your card renewal by the above-explained steps. That sol about the renewal process. Since you feel any queries to ask, then post your questions below.