We know you’re here to get the understanding between Rtf and Rtfd.
- 1 RTF (Rich Text Format):
- 2 RTFD (Rich Text Format Directory File):
RTF (Rich Text Format):
RTF is used Rich Text Design Documentation. It is a text file format used by Microsoft products such as Word and Office. RTF or Rich Text Format, Microsoft was created in 1987 for the use and cross-site document transaction in their products.
Highlights of RTF:
Flexible for all Custom Settings:
It includes a variety of character design, flat type, gradient, different fonts and font sizes, and custom tab layout settings. RDF files also support. Images and picture format like.JPG and.PNG files are stored in a text file.
- RTF is readable on many projects, sites, and other platforms.
Many applications use Microsoft Word Doc. Even if the file is imported, older versions cannot import or modify a new version of Word. This is not the case with RTF. All keyword processing programs can also read RTF. In addition, you can read RTF files on desktop database applications, email client, and operating systems (such as UNIX, Macintosh, and Windows).
RTF is interoperable:
The main benefits of RDF files are its easy platform switch between word processors and operating systems. This means that you can store the file in WordPad on Windows and exposed it in Text Edit on OS X, which is a small change in design. Various programs and program versions may support any changes in the design of different versions of RDF profile.
RTF is very easy to use:
It’s easy to use Microsoft Word, AppleWorks, Corel WordPerfect, or Word processing program, RDF files. You can save a document as RTF file by selecting the particular file and choose Save AS option from File Menu and give RTF extension and save it.·
RTF format is safer (No Virus):
Microsoft Word macro Trojan horse can create great security issues over the Internet. In an email, if you send RTF files instead of Doc, then you can ensure that harmful viruses will not be delivered to others, and most of your design is protected. Meanwhile, RTF does not use macros, so it cannot hide macros that contain any viruses.
How to open RTF file?
- Choose Open Menu from the File button.
- In the file type box choose ‘All files (*.*)’.
- Select the file which you want to open and Click on Open.
- Click OK.
How to Save RTF file?
- Open the New Word document.
- Choose Save As from the File button.
- Name the file which you desired and choose ‘Save As type’ as .rtf.
- Then Click Save.
Properties of RTF:
RTFD (Rich Text Format Directory File):
RTFD which is known as Rich Text Format Directory File. These files are text documents that support PDF documents, links to other files and documents or images.
RTFD files, in fact, contain “packets”, which include RTF file and links as discrete files. In Mac OS X, you can right-click on an RTFD file and view the files under “Show Package Contents”.
Properties of RTFD:
|Category of File||Text Files|
Highlights of RTFD:
- The TextEdit program that uses the RTFD file extension is open Source word processor and text editor.
How to open RTFD file?
- Start by clicking a .rtfd file or any other file on your computer.
- If your file attachments are set correctly, then the application that opens your .rtfd file.
- If you need to download or buy the right application then you have to choose the right app on your computer, but the .rtfd files aren’t connected yet.
- Are you still need to open the .rtfd file then you can tell Windows right for that. Then now, opening the .rtfd file will open the appropriate application.
- Contrary to RDF, RTFD only supporting bundles in Mac OS X, RDFT files cannot be used properly on non-Mac OS X operating systems.
Hope you get a picture now about RTF and RTFD. Post your comments below.